Sweco plans and designs tomorrow’s communities and cities. Our work produces sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and access to electricity and clean water. With 17,500 employees in Europe, we offer our clients the right expertise for every situation. We carry out projects in 70 countries annually throughout the world. Sweco is Europe’s leading engineering and architecture consultancy, with sales of approximately SEK 20.6 billion (EUR 1.9 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.swecogroup.com.
We are looking for a System Developer within the BIM Application Development team at Sweco IT
Do you want your work to make a difference? Then Sweco is the place to be. At Sweco there is no distant future. We design it right now, ensuring that everything we need in society – from clean water and warm homes to efficient transportation and modern hospitals – becomes a natural part of tomorrow. Success requires a close collaboration with our clients and a deep understanding of their needs. A typical Sweco employee is approachable, committed to his or her clients, and has a recognised expertise. We believe in openness, equality, sustainability and personal growth.
You will be located in Tampere, Finland, together with the Global BIM Application Development team. You will work closely together with Sweco’s structural engineers and architects to implement software which and improve the overall design quality. This role requires creative thinking and solving as the work is challenging and carried out in a fast-changing environment. We can offer you flexibility in your work and opportunities for development in your career.
The Sweco Team
Working at Sweco you will be part of developing future cities and a more sustainable society. Our people work with the most interesting and challenging projects in the field in Finland and all over the world. Sweco IT provides IT-services to our employees through a global organization with a local presence.
Continuous development and the opportunity to develop our own career paths is important for our people at Sweco. We enjoy an open and approachable work environment where low hierarchy is valued. As an employer we’re flexible and the ability to combine work and private life in a stable way is important to us. We also enjoy diverse benefits which our employees value.
Get to know our work culture better (in Finnish): https://www.sweco.fi/ura/tyontekijalupaus/
Areas of responsibility
- Develop software add-ins to BIM (Building Information modelling) software, namely Tekla Structures and Autodesk Revit, using C#.
- Develop and extend existing data collection pipelines and products related to Sweco’s internal processes.
- Discuss with Sweco’s engineers and architects, in order, to get the needs for development
Keys to success for the role
- Software Engineering in a product development environment: 2-3 years
- Working experience with .NET development (C# required)
Beneficial if you have knowledge of some of the following:
- Experience with BIM (Building Information modelling) software OAPI’s, preferably Autodesk Revit and/or Tekla Structures
- Experience of creating and consuming web services and restful APIs
- Experience with Rhino/Grasshopper, Revit/Dynamo, Autodesk Forge APIs
- Experience with databases, e.g. SQL, NoSQL
- Experience with Microsoft Azure environment. I.e. Data Architecture, Data Modeling, Data
- Experience with Business Intelligence Microsoft stack (Power BI)
- Structural/Civil Engineer background
- Uses a systematic approach
- A team player who enjoys working with others and actively shares knowledge and insights.
- Is very communicative, with the ability to explain technical matters to a broad audience.
- Is confident in using English both written and spoken.
Learn more and apply
For more information, contact Ricardo Farinha (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please submit your application and CV via “Hae paikkaa” application link latest by Monday, 3rd of January 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis and the position will be filled as soon as the suitable person is found.