Working at sweco
Approachable and committed people are the core of our business. We want to take good care of them.
Read 10 different perspectives!
- Straightforward working methods. We have a low level of hierarchy, or as people at Sweco like to put it, a flat organisation. Our teams are at the heart of decision-making. Employees are able to focus on projects and design work.
- Leading experts. When we ask what’s the best thing about working at Sweco, the number one answer is great and smart colleagues. Our company houses vast amounts of different expertise – networking within the company is well worth it!
- Doing work that counts. At Sweco, you are involved in plans and designs that impact society and the built environment for decades to come. We publish the Urban Insight reports on sustainable urban development https://www.swecourbaninsight.com/. We take a public stand on what will constitute safe and sustainable everyday life in the cities of the future.
- The world is open to you. There are a total of 18 000 Sweco employees across Europe and 2,800 people in Finland. Our international organisation provides opportunities to work abroad – or change location within Finland according to your personal needs.
- Pioneering development. Future environments are undergoing continuous change. Therefore, we must also keep changing and keep one step ahead. Digitalisation and intelligent tools form part of the designers’ everyday work at Sweco. We continuously develop our operations and adopt new tools and methods.
- Your own career path. A large company supports different career paths. You can progress from a designer to a project manager – or if you desire new tasks – we can offer you an opportunity to work in another line of business. We also support personal development: Sweco Academy offers a wide range of training sessions including popular courses for supervisors and project managers. In return, we expect you to be curious and motivated to learn new things.
- Interesting projects. We are involved in a range of projects of different sizes in Finland and abroad. Read more about our references.
- Working from the summer cottage? We are a flexible employer. We support remote working opportunities and the smooth combination of working and private life.
- Are you curious? So are we! Curiosity is one of Sweco’s values that we hold dear. Great things are achieved when we combine engineering with curiosity.
- Need a coffee break? Sweco offers its employees free coffees, lunch benefits and many other benefits appreciated by our employees.
Expert, robot and bass guitar
Our logistics expert Ville Ruuskanen works on industrial and healthcare projects and plans e.g. effective robotics for hospitals. The most valuable thing about his work is being able to do things that matter to people. Good co-workers and a great team give a positive kick to the work day. Ville is a great bass guitar plyer as well!
Involved in the design of more sustainable cities and society
Our project manager Kari Nöjd does work that matters. He is involved in sustainable urban development projects where the circular economy and carbon footprint are strongly involved. Life cycle analyzes as well as energy simulations and carbon footprint calculations revolve on his desk.