Transport planning for a more sustainable and safer environment
Transport planning is an essential part of building a sustainable society. Its aim is to create cost-effective, smooth and safe transport systems that serve all modes of transport. Sweco offers wide-ranging expertise for all traffic planning projects – from start to finish.
Transport planning projects
Our wide-ranging traffic planning covers all phases from zoning and planning all the way to traffic arrangements for implementation. Our goal is to design transport solutions that guarantee smooth and safe mobility for all modes of transport, taking into account their different operating conditions. At the same time, we ensure the sustainability, functionality, appropriateness and usability of the planned solutions, always keeping an eye on the development of the entire transport system.
In our work, we utilise versatile traffic planning software and analysis methods developed by us. At the core of our design work is always an in-depth understanding of customer and user needs, which we promote through close interaction between all stakeholders.
We offer comprehensive design and expert services related to railway and tramway design, electrical engineering, signalling technology and railway safety.
In traffic planning, we take into account different traffic conditions, such as varying community structures and long distances, which create different needs for traffic arrangements.
We encourage our customers to make more sustainable mobility choices and support smart mobility solutions. Our traffic planning team’s in-depth knowledge of the transport system and infrastructure guarantees expert and high-quality surveys, reviews and other services at different stages of the planning process.
We combine our local expertise with extensive international experience, and we can benefit from the support of Sweco Group’s top foreign experts across Europe. In addition, we have an extensive cooperation network between operators and authorities in the field.
Our experts will help you in all matters related to traffic planning and traffic arrangements:
- Sustainable mobility planning
- In land use and building traffic planning at all stages of zoning and planning
- In general and preliminary traffic planning
- In strategic transport planning
- In traffic surveys and surveys
- In the preparation of fitness reviews
- In the planning of special transports
- In traffic management planning
- Planning traffic arrangements during work
- In traffic planning for logistics centres and industrial areas
Our rail transport experts are involved in:
- In preliminary planning and needs assessments
- In yard and section-specific reports
- Project evaluations and impact assessments
- In punctuality and capacity studies
- In simulations and traffic models
- Traffic and operational reviews at different design stages
Jussi SipiläRail traffic